Please consider that fitnessmarkt.de and fitnessmarkt.com do not verify the identity of sellers and buyers on the website. In case of a failed transaction, the fitnessmarkt.de services GmbH assumes no liability. To avoid being defrauded by untrustworthy sellers, we ask you to keep the following security notes in mind:
- Check the stated contact information of the seller like telephone number or address. If only an e-mail address is given, ask the seller for a telephone number.
- When talking to the seller on the phone, you can check if he or she seems trustworthy and if he or she is willing to provide further information or pictures of the fitness, therapy or wellness and beauty equipment for sale.
- Details like price and scope of delivery should always be set out in writing and be confirmed by both parts.
- Be careful with very cheap offers especially for new models. This can be evidence of stolen or faked articles.
- Check if the pictures and the description of the equipment are conform and ask the seller if you have any doubts.
- In case you receive untrustworthy offers or spam by sellers, please send the message in copy to email@example.com or click on the „Report“ button which can be found above the picture in every advert.
- If you though become victim of fraud, please contact the police. It is important to take with you all written arrangements and all contact details about the seller.
- Do not pay via escrow services, wire transfer, Western Union or send money by mail.
- Providers like PayPal with its protection programs for buyers and sellers as well as payment on delivery or pickup are recommendable.
- Insured delivery via forwarding company or pickup is a recommendable solution for both sides.
- Be careful with private sellers offering free shipping via forwarding company.
- Always claim detailed information on the forwarding company and a valid tracking number if the seller organizes the delivery of the goods.
- To check the condition of the offered goods, it is best to examine the article on-site. This will as well give you the possibility to negotiate the price of the goods again.
- If you don’t have the possibility to inspect the goods in person, ask the seller for detailed information on condition, maintenance etc. of the article.
- If the bought article doesn’t reach you in flawless condition, the forwarding company might be liable if insured delivery was chosen. Flaws should be reported as soon as possible and the packing should be checked for damages right on delivery.
- If the goods did not reach you at all, please get first in contact to the seller. Packages with insured delivery can be located with the tracking number.
- Check the stated contact information of the prospective buyer like telephone number or address. If only an e-mail address is given, ask the buyer for a telephone number.
- When talking to the seller on the phone you can check if he seems trustworthy.
- In case you receive untrustworthy offers or spam by prospective buyers, please send the message in copy to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you though become victim of fraud, please contact the police. It is important to take with you all written arrangements and all contact details about the buyer.
- Be careful with too high bank transfers: caused by an accidentally wrong set comma, some defrauders ask for a retransfer of the remaining amount which is a classic method of money laundering.
- Note for checks from abroad that the amount can be charged back even after being credited to your account if the check is without cover.
- Providers like PayPal with its protection programs for buyers and sellers as well as payment on delivery or pickup are recommendable. In these cases you can be sure to receive the money and the buyer is assured as well.
- Always choose insured delivery with tracking number for sending goods. Another secure possibility is pickup of the articles by the buyer.
- Take care to send or hand over the goods only after having received the money on your account. Check the credit to your account personally and don’t accept payment confirmations of the bank or PayPal account of the buyer.